Weight Loss So Far...

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Slow going but I'm keeping on!

I haven't forgotten, I'm still keeping on. It's just been really hard to find time to post.

So I've finally cracked the 10lb mark and jumped right to 11lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! Pretty pathetic that it's taken me 18ish weeks to lose 11lbs. BUT I've lost a lot of inches too. And the importan thing is that I just keep going! I'm really in this for the long haul, not just to lose it quick and be done with it. I want to really change. And I am. The Stella diet is really helping, I'm making tons of little changes- I'm thinking about how much some thing is REALLY worth and deciding to opt for some thing better. Like if I'm really craving some thing cold and sweet, instead of trying to fit the bill at home- I wait and even if it's not until the next day I am not consuming those extra calories!

SO fun new things.
1) I got a jogger stroller! YAAAY!!!!! IT IS AWESOME!

2) I ran 3/4's of a mile today with out stopping! I don't think I've ever done that, and I could have kept going but I got home and had to unload the groceries (yes ran 3/4's of a mile pushing the kids and a weeks groceries (minus the gallon of milk Ryan picked that up last night) in the carry basket under their seats. I'm quite amazed.

I've got to say, last weekend I was running and after 2 blocks (and I ran about 15 today- though not all straight) I was hurting and annoyed, and wondering what runners think is so awesome. It sucks!!!! Today, I am thrilled to say, I get it.
The kick you get while running, that really "WOW" feeling is seriously like nothing else. I find that it takes about 3 blocks to catch my stride and then I feel like I could go forever. Well not forever, but I feel free. I'm really trying not to push myself but I'd like to see if I could do the whole mile tomorrow....Or at least maybe over the weekend. I love how much (and this sounds obvious) FASTER running is. I love that what used to take me 35-40 minutes walking (to the grocery store) only too me 21 minutes with running intervals!!!!

Even if I some how can't make it to my goal by fall (and I really think I still can though this journey has definitley been slow) I am so proud of what I've accomplished. I'm so much stronger, I really truely do have a ton more energy. I'm so excited just to FEEL my body change.

Did I mention my waist is "down" to 35inches? Oh and I've lost another inch off my hips. That's slimmer than it was before I got preggo with dd2!!! Now if I could just lose about 4 inches off my hips all my old clothing would fit. I wear my weight so much differently than I used to...I used to carry it up in my upper tummy and things, now I carry it in my upper butt/hips and lower tummy. Ah well.

So here's to next week...We're going to Floriday in 3 weeks and I'd LOVE to be down to 178 by then- dreaming too big? probalby but it's still fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment