Weight Loss So Far...

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, April 5, 2010

I haven't hopped on the scale the past week- I've just not wanted to know (I'm afraid to know). I have lost another 1/2 of an inch off my waist line and I can't remember what my bust was but I think I may have lost more there as well. Progress! Oh and a few more pairs of pre-preggo jeans are fitting me!!!! That feels good. Also and I'm horrified to admit this, but full disclosure: I my maternity pants are way too loose on me now! I had out grown them in the 3rd trimester with Amity...I mean couldn't get them up past my hips too chubby. They are almost falling off. THAT feels good, still the only summery pants that fit me right now- but then again my pre-preggo summer stuff didn't fit me that great the summer after RJ was born even though I was 15-20lbs smaller- my hips just aren't what they were before kids, the bones sit differently and my chub sits in different places. Ah well, so long youth- hello mama hips. Oh and yes, it's sad that I haven'r really bought new summer stuff in 3 years, but I don't have the money.... Maybe this summer I'll invest in some drawstring lineny cargo-esk capris...maybe...

I've started training for my 5k. And it's going to be interesting, I did 2 miles in 24 minutes on Saturday, and I don't' think I would have been sore at all the next day but I ended up doing 3 more miles later that day for various reasons. I actually wasn't too sore from it all, just my inner thighs were a bit grouchy yesterday.

I did the 2nd day of training but I had the kids along- I ended up doing a whole 5k in 50 minutes but completely by accident and I wasn't going for speed. I did my normal training route...

I pushed the girls in the bulky old double Graco stroller (some one gave us and while I think I'm thankful for it, I really can't even describe how cumbersome it is!!!) A mile up my street, and a mile down..I got up and checked my time 15:30 - not great but considering the stops to get snacks, the readjusting blankies etc okay. I started heading back I got 3/4 of the way through the mile only to realize: I didn't have my phone (also my stop watch!!) It had fallen off the stroller at some point! So I turned around and walked a ways the way back up looking carefully in bushes and in the grass along the way. It was at the VERY end of the mile- I must have dropped it exactly where I had checked my time. So inadvertent, but it was a beautiful morning and the girls were happy- all good I guess.

The Stella diet is great, I'm enjoying it...Every day I'm trying to focus on some thing else I'm going to incorporate THAT day to eat healthier... Be it a nutritious veggie/fruity filled snack or maybe using honey in my tea instead of sugar (which I think I might stick with)... Or when I want a sandwich make it half a sandwich with the same amount of insides (protein) that I would put in a whole cuts out 2 points.

Yesterday was HARD. But small victories, I really did eat differently than I have in the past at parties. I went and looked over all my options and the things I really wanted I took one of or one small portion, and I didn't take any thing that didn't scream "YOU MUST EAT THIS!". And if I did take some thing and decided it wasn't as good as I had hoped, I'd feed it to the hubby- he can spare the calories! :0) I still ended up eating way too much food, I feel kinda guilty about it- but part of it was because I felt silly eating off my little saucer- I didn't feel like explaining about it, so I took the MUCH larger disposable plate. I think I would definitely do that differently looking back...But still a victory is a victory, right?

I really struggle at this point in my cycle (TMI alert) part of it is that my milk supply dips a bit and that makes me ravenous- my baby is nursing all the time, I'm extra thirsty and extra hungry and I just want to eat irresponsibly. But I'm still doing better. Baby steps.

Okay I will weigh myself this week, exciting I'm hoping to be below 185....

No comments:

Post a Comment